Floating Islands of the Uros
Floating Islands of the Uros call themselves the Kotsuna, “the man of the lake,” and their origins go back to pre-Inca times. It is located north of the Bay of Puno, 6 kilometers from the Lacustrine Port, at an altitude of 3,812 meters above sea level (the highest lake in the world). The Uros Islands (3 810 m a.m.) are located in the bay of Puno. The cold and dry climate characteristic of the region is attenuated in the area thanks to the action of the masses of water that evaporate constantly. The average temperature in the nights of 10º C thanks to the regulating action of the water of the lake that receives the rays of the sun during the day, and at nightfall distributes the accumulated heat.
Our departure starts from your hotel at 8:45 am. Our private transport will take you to the main port or dock, and then start your departure in a boat or boat, in the direction of the floating Uros islands, sailing time 30 minutes. This excursion allows us to visit one of the most important attractions of the city of Puno, “The floating islands of the Uros”, millenary town that lives in the middle of the totora, an AYMARA language community that maintain the tradition of the artisanal fishing, hunting of wild birds and the collection of duck eggs, men are skilled builders and drivers of totora rafts and women are expert weavers. Our specialized guide will give you a general explanation about the daily experience that the people of the Uros do. Finally we will take the road back to the city of Puno, arriving at 12:00 pm approximately
Included / no Included
- Transfer from your hotel to the main port – vice versa.
- Tourist boat (Jumbo Class)
- Guide Service / Spanish-English
- Ticket to the Islands
- Life insurance
- Others not mentioned in this program
- Carry only what is necessary
- The price shown in the upper part of the itinerary is in shared service or Pull (Group of 8 to 14 people). Prices in private service according to the number of passengers, check rates at email@example.com
YOU SHOULD TO CARRY:
- Light jacket short winds
- Comfortable clothes and slippers
- A warm coat for the night.
- Hat or cap