Machupicchu By Car 02 Days – 01 Night
We invite you to experience this alternative adventure tour to reach the archaeological complex of Machupicchu By Car that departs from the city of Cusco until you reach the hydroelectric bus station. We will enjoy a multitude of landscapes such as the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will pass through the Abra Málaga at 4,325 meters above sea level and then descend to beautiful places of the high forest of Cusco Santa María – Santa Teresa. We will walk for 3 hours in the middle of a temperate climate typical of the jungle edge until we reach our destination Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu).
Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes.
The pick up in your Hotel is around 07:15 a.m. The tour will begin with a nice, scenic ride to Ollantaytambo, where we will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area from there, we will continue down a long, winding path to “Habra de Malaga”, which stands at an altitude of 4,316 mtrs. From that vantage point, we will see some of the most amazing landscapes that Peru has to offer. After a brief stop, we will begin our descent into the thick jungle, passing through the different microclimates that combine the paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow-capped peaks with the hot, tropical entrance to the rainforest. We will continue along our route until we have reached Alfamayó, where there is a nice, paved road in perfect condition that we can use. We will need to take an unpaved road though, in order to continue in the direction of Santa Maria, which is located at an altitude of 1575 meters above sea level. We will take a moment to rest here before continuing on to the small downtown, Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be awaiting us at approximately 1 pm. There will be a variety of different foods available to suit every taste.
Afterwards, at around 2 pm, we will return to the route in the direction of the Hydroelectric Plant. Here begins the 3 hour hike to Aguas Calientes will have us in Aguas Calientes around 5.30 pm, at which point you will be taken to the designated hostals. If we have any extra time to use, we can also go take a relaxing dip in the natural, heated waters of the hot baths. At 8 pm, though, it will be time to enjoy a hearty dinner along with the guide who will be taking you to the ancient citadel, Machupicchu. At that time, he will have a chance to go over the plan for the following day and answer any questions.
Night in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Machu Picchu-Hydroelectric-Cusco.
You will have the option to go up to Machupicchu by bus or by foot. The guided tour of the site will begin at 6:00 am and this is for 2 hours. Afterwards, you will be able to enjoy some free time until approximately 11:00 am, which is the recommended time to begin returning down the mountain to the Hydroelectric Plant or some people take the train back to the hydroelectric plant will be leaving Aguas Calientes at 12:35 pm.
Upon our arrival to the hydroelectric plant, we will transfer to Cusco, returning down the same road that brought us here. We will arrive to Cusco around 10:30 pm (approx.).
End of our service
Included/ Not Included
- Private, Tourist Transport (Cusco, Hydroelectric, Cusco)
- Train Aguas Calientes – Hydroelectric.
- 1 night accommodation (w/ private bath, 24 hour hot water, Free luggage storage)
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner (Day 1), 1 breakfast (Day 2)
- 1 Bus up or down from, Machupicchu
- Entrance to the Citadel of Machupicchu
- Professional, bilingual Guide
- Train Aguas Calientes – Hydroelectric. (US$ 35.00)
- Train Hydroelectric — Aguas Calientes. (US$ 35.00)
- 1 Bus up or down from, Machupicchu (US$ 15.00)
- Lunch Day 2
- Entrance to the thermal hot baths S/ 10.00 or US$ 4.00
You Need To Carry:
- Mosquito repellen, sunscreen
- Hat and long sleeve shirts
- Swimsuit, Shorts, towel, and sandals, if you want to visit the thermal baths
- Lantern, for if you choose to walk up to Machu Picchu, a poncho for rain
- Water bottle and snacks
- Camera, etc
- The Price in the top is minimum 2 persons
- The Hostal accommodation based in double or triple room, depend of the available.